Friday, August 28, 2009

what now?

What a crazy week we've had.

My weekend began with a much anticipated night away with my homies. We had it all worked out, good food, good grog, awesome company, a bit of Chibo (card game) and a whole lotta dancing. We started on the drinks as soon as we (finally) got the key in the door. We managed to cook dinner and get a game of Chibo in just before the power went out. It was funny at first because i think we assumed the power would come back on, but it didn't, so we froze ourselves silly and drank until the wee hours...like all good Aussie battlers would of course! It was a shame to miss out on the dancing but it was an awesome night anyway.

The following day it began. Oh the sickness. Oh the tears. Oh the sickness. We ended up getting home pretty late because of my sickness and thankfully Mum was okay to have Littles for another night while i recovered.

I picked Littles up and we lay around for the most part of the day. He fell asleep on the floor (which isn't unusual) and i decided to shut my weary eyes for a few minutes. I could hear Neighbours starting and then woke up properly when Littles went into massive fit mode.

I called the Ambulance and watched and waited in horror. One of the Ambo's had My Littles on her lap as she sat on a trolley/chair thing, he was still fitting terribly and was being "bagged" while we caught the elevator.

Much to my disgust, my neighbour was on the ground floor holding numerous bottles of half drunk liquor and said to me "what's goin on 'ere, Swine Flu?", I said "that's not actually funny dude" and we kept on moving out to the front of the building. While we're out the front i can hear him yelling and coming towards us. And because i'm so scared of this disgusting mess of a man and don't want him as an enemy, i turned around to give him a "it's cool" kind of look and he came out ranting "don't let them do nuthin, all he needs is Eucalyptus Oil if it's Swine Flu, Eucalyptus Oil will fix it!!!!". What really upsets me about this is that for a few moments there i was more worried about that psycho than i was of My Littles.

So anyway, it took about 20 minutes for them to stop the fit and approximately 4 days to give me inconclusive answers. At about 10:30pm they sent me home to get his new medication (Zorontin) so i came home, packed my bag but packed the wrong bottle of meds. So Mum drove back to my place to get it while i sat and watched my boy coming off the Midazolam and shivering like crazy. Oh hindsight hey... They gave him the meds that Mum went to get and within hours he was completely covered in a nasty rash and his eyes were so swollen that i could hardly see his usually big and beautiful googly eyes. He spiked a 40.3 temp and was admitted to the ward.

I was told a few different/conflicting things (what a surprise!) and I'm still none the wiser about what and why all this happened. All of his tests were clear and they hit me with yet another diagnosis of a "viral infection". I'm going with a severe allergic reaction to the new meds and coming off a drug (phenobarbitone) that seemed to actually stop these big nasty seizures. I'm told that Phenobarb is no good, but if it stops the seizures then I'd be inclined to say it's good.

We're finally home and Littles is doing well. He's a little on the whingy side but i think i'll allow it!

I'm really hoping the new medication (Frisium) will help for the obvious reasons but also so we can go to the WHS conference next weekend. Just the thought of being stuck on a plane with a seizure like that is extremely daunting.

Today, i felt bored, so bored and weirded out that i had nothing to do. I didn't feel like doing anything though but didn't want to do nothing either. Luckily AC came around for a pie, a few Profitterolls, a coffee and a yarn or else i would have been pulling my (straightened out of bordom) hair out.

Now I've blogged this epic, what now? Oh yeeeaaaahhhh my bed!






Website counter

1 comment:

Kristalee said...

Hey Liv, wow cant believe all this happened in such a short amount of time! Stoopid neighbours. I hope you have a quiet week this week so you can prepare for the conference. I dont have much on this week and my kids aren't sick so if there is ANYTHING I can do just holler xxxxx