Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A gig, an actual gig!

Wahooooo... I'm off to see The Flaming Lips tonight and I'm so very excited to going to a gig, an actual gig!

I pretty much chucked in going to gig's when i decided to become a sole parent, and considering I've been to a million and one fantastic gigs in the past, chucking it in wasn't a worry for me. Sure, I've missed a lot of acts that I would have loved to have seen (the list will be endless!) but having My Littles far out-weighs any dirty, stinky, rockin gig...oh hang on, there not so stinky anymore are they?? Besides, we rock out together in our lounge room everyday.

Nan came and picked up Littles for a sleep-over at her house, but being here at home with him not here is really strange. My ears and eyes are still in 'Alert' mode in case i need to walk over the Rolling Wonder or if there's a seizure that needs my attention. When i get respite, i usually get out of the house so this is weird and reminds me of the times I've come home while he's in laying in hospital. Oh well, he'll be having a blast with Nan without even the slightest understanding that I'm here, writing to you, about him.

Hmmmm what to do, what to do? Must stay busy.....Ah yes, I know, a friend has asked my to make a garter for her mate whose getting married, so perhaps I'll give that a crack.

I'd like to shout out to my friend AC who had to give up her ticket tonight, we'll be thinking of you!
Website counter

No comments: